We help take the mystery out of applying for a J-1 Visa. Our professional staff will walk you through each step of the application process.

  Documents you will need
  The application process overview
  Application Deadlines and Costs
  Insurance Details
  Tax Information

How To Apply
Anyone working in the US is obligated to file a US tax return. As a foreign student working in the U.S., you will also be required to pay certain taxes but will be exempt from other taxes. You are exempt from Social Security Tax, Medicare and Federal Unemployment Tax. You are not exempt from Federal Income Tax, State Income Tax & City Income Tax. The US tax year begins on January 1 and ends on December 31 in regards to income earned through work or training. Forms and instructions for completing tax documents can be obtained from www.irs.gov. You must file your tax return by April 15 each year from the previous tax year. For example, if you work during the calendar year of 2013, you must file your tax return by April 15, 2014.

Since Global Educational Concepts, Inc. has negotiated with STC a special fee for Tax Refund services for our participants, we encourage you to use Student Tax Consulting for obtaining your USA Income Tax Refund. Please contact us at info@gecworkandtravel.com to obtain information on how to take advantage of this special rate and service. 

Copyright ©2015. All Rights Reserved